Technologies have continuously changed over the past forty years. For example, the mainframe began in the mid-seventies, the client-server computer revolution and online Internet became operational in the eighties. In 1970, five former IBM employees designed a new business software application called System, Application, and Product (SAP) in data processing. Currently, SAP is becoming active in the commercial market, and the SAP application has become one of the leading commercial applications. Many organizations, small or large, are now turning to SAP application software and making it a primary application. According to the Global ERP Market Share Report 2013, SAP holds a 24% share of the global market. Every year, many companies turn to SAP software, and therefore there are substantial job opportunities in this specific field. People with SAP skills receive high wages compared to other IT jobs. Many people want to develop their careers in this particular area but are unsure where to start their careers. Also, there is a shortage of qualified SAP staff, educating people about SAP and their related jobs to establish their future career paths.
SAP is committed to managing data and offering customers the opportunity to interact with a single unified system. SAP implementation requires adequate experience and knowledge because it is complex and challenging to manage. For this reason, SAP is a highly requested technical certification with many career opportunities. The growing number of ERP software increases the need for SAP certified specialists for each module.
- SAP as a career: SAP is a growing sector, and it is nice to develop a career in this particular sector. Many candidates are interested in the further development of SAP’s career. You think this is just a learning setup, but it’s not true. To be a consultant, you have to perform many functions. There are a few points that help each candidate develop as an SAP consultant:
- Study the various business processes managed by the SAP modules on which we focus.
- Identify the general challenges that organizations face when performing these operations.
- Find out how and at what cost these problems can be solved with the SAP solution.
- Discover essential success stories, research case studies, and customer references.
- Show how you plan your responses and your company’s problems.
- Identify how to create a business case and create effective plans.
- Refine your skills in developing detailed business strategies, documenting business requirements, offering options, convincing your customers, and providing the necessary implementation support.
- Also, technical skills are required to offer excellent solutions to potential customers.
- A rewarding career in SAP: If you aim for a rewarding career in SAP, take the time to develop your skills beyond technical knowledge.
For example, learn to look at the big picture by providing a solution. Understand the problem you are solving and the best performance. You need to talk about your posts, get feedback, and improve.
- Access to the hidden job market: As a fair SAP consultant, you should also be aware of SAP’s hidden job offers. There are many vacancies for SAP that are not published but are always occupied. You can easily access this hidden job market through LinkedIn or other means if you contact these recruiters or employers. Share your knowledge and skills regularly with the associated community.
- Choose the job model that best suits your skills: Most SAP candidates are looking for permanent, contractual, and independent career opportunities. Occasionally you can learn new skills in a short or long term exercise. Applicants who distinguish these roles are primarily concerned with cash benefits and other travel needs.
- With regards to permanent employment, consultants generally work in regular teams as support functions in SAP CCOE and are entitled to receive standard salaries.
- Since the setting functions for the activity are explicit and apply for a certain period, ie, generally until the project is extended.
In this type of job, SAP consultants are independent and provide services without signing an employment contract.
- Select the SAP role based on your professional interest: The candidate can choose multiple parts in the SAP area for career growth.
- If you have business experience, you can take on the role of a functional consultant.
- If you are familiar with the algorithms, you can become a technical consultant.
- If you can use the devices, you can become a technology consultant.
- A candidate can become a support consultant if he has excellent interactive skills.
- If you want to train people, you can become a training consultant.
- The candidate can choose one of these functions based on their skills and work experience.
- All of these roles offer career development opportunities, from consultants to team leaders to project managers.
- Study the different techniques to solve a single problem: If you want to learn one of the SAP modules quickly, you have to work for SAP employees. Typically, with this type of service model, the candidate can work on multiple projects and with different clients. Each of these projects has other challenges to solve and different scenarios to draw. With SAP solutions, you can manage various business requirements. When you provide a solution, you know all these options. Candidates can improve their skills by learning more opportunities.
- Develop your skills beyond technical skills: With the help of the SAP support function in a CCOE, or the Center of excellence for customers, you can also acquire more
- Correct incidents and identify the root cause of problems.
- Modify and improve solutions due to changing business needs.
- Improve your communication skills: If you can communicate correctly, you can demonstrate your excellent consultancy skills, and everyone can learn more about your exceptional SAP consultancy skills.
It would help if you mentioned the following when writing to others:
- Context to clarify why the reader is being contacted.
- Expectations that explain why you think the recipient is the right person for your communication.
- You need to perform the actions you want to achieve, including redirection.
- Feelings of appreciation, regardless of location in the organizational pyramid, to help you.
- SAP Finance (FI):
SAP Financial Accounting helps guide financial management in all organizations. Finance is a vital part of any business, and therefore perfect control is needed. It becomes stressful and frustrating to manage all human, financial accounting. If you are an individual with experience in business or finance and have at least six months of experience in the sector, SAP Finance is the module for you. CA, CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst), CMA (Chartered Management Accountant) can also receive training.
2. SAP Materials Management (MM):
SAP Material Management covers business functions, such as purchasing or purchasing, and inventory management. The acquisition can be of materials or services and can be local or imported (purchases abroad). Almost all major manufacturing and delivery companies implement SAP with the SAP MM module. The first and most important thing to become a successful SAP MM Professional is understanding the ongoing business processes in materials management.
3. SAP Sales and Distribution (SD):
SAP Sales & Distribution covers business functions such as consultancy, quotation, management of sales orders, and credit and debit notes. This also includes the management of discounts and export sales. If your specialties are marketing, sales and distribution techniques, channel management, the SAP SD module is for you. The SAP SD module is adopted by a large number of organizations around the world.
4. SAP Production and Planning (PP):
SAP Production & Planning covers all aspects of production, including the time required to install the machine, the time needed to manufacture the product, and the hours of work required. Production waste, scrap, by-products, and by-products are all part of the PP component. It tracks and records the flow of the production process, the planned and actual costs. A potential customer should have commercial knowledge in the area of supply chain planning and production.
5. Maintenance (PM):
The PM component allows companies to keep their production structures in excellent condition through rapid maintenance. This module enables the user to maintain equipment and efficiently plan production schedules. It provides organizations with a complete software solution for maintenance planning, both at the plant level and between plants. If you have at least six months of experience in plant operation, maintenance, and maintenance, SAP Plant Maintenance is the SAP module for you.
6. Project System (PS):
The SAP Project System module covers business processes to manage projects of any size effectively and include the Structure of Work (WBS) division, the network, milestones, and confirmation of the organizations using project management tactics to perform different strategies. The PS module allows an organization to obtain detailed project information, increase transparency, and improve accountability. If you intend to take the SAP PS module, you must have experience in project management and implementation and basic knowledge of the logistics and accounting processes.
7. Human Capital Management (HCM):
The SAP Human Capital Management module offers a complete and integrated set of tools to help you manage your staff effectively. With SAP HCM, it is possible to automate core HR processes to significantly improve staff performance, improve planning accuracy, optimize HCM processes. Reduce operating costs and increase margins through If you are an expert in the knowledge of business processes of human resources/organization management. SAP Human Capital Management is the perfect SAP module. SAP HCM Interview Question and Answers.
8. Advanced Professional Application Programming (ABAP):
ABAP is a high-level fourth-generation programming language created by SAP. It is currently used as a programming language for SAP Application Server. SAP Application Server is part of its NetWeaver platform, used to build business applications. The best part of ABAP online training is that you don’t need to have any work/field experience before getting the exercise. What is required are programming and analysis skills with a solid knowledge of the database and the OOPS concept.
Work as an SAP consultant in a consulting firm. You will have many opportunities to travel, meet new customers, implement SAP ERP projects for various sectors, and learn new SAP ERP functionalities and Features with each new version. With each new project or implementation, your career chart will increase exponentially, as will your salary.